Tuesday, October 13, 2009

And so it begins!

Well, I have decided to take hold of my life and start anew. 9 weeks ago I was at my parents place for vacation and something inside me just clicked. That little voice that creeps in every once in a while "You're too fat to do that!" is what it told me this time! I was getting into a boat to go finishing and my rubber boots didn't fit over my calves, and I had a hard time lifting my 294lb butt into the boat. "You need to do something about this!" it told me. Now, I have heard this little voice before and sometimes I have listened to it. Sometimes I have just told it to shutup and go away. But something clicked this time inside me and said, you know, that voice has a point. I am 33 years old, have a wonderful husband, and fabulous 3.5yr old daughter and my whole life ahead of me, I hoped anyway! Why wouldn't I want to do this. Why wouldn't I want to take control of my life and live the way I want to. So that did it. That was it, I had had it. I was taking control and going to see myself feel better and live longer!

So here I am. 9 weeks later after recommitting to WW, 32lbs lighter and 12.5 inches gone! WOW, I can't believe what I have been able to accomplish so far! The dedication is almost mind boggling for me. This is not usually who I am. I am the failure, I am the one who will eat the whole big bag of chips when offered just one. But I have been able to take control and prove to myself that I can do this.

For the first two weeks I spent time relearning all about WW and what needed to be done to keep me On Plan and focused.

Week 1 -5.4
Week 2 -3.6

At the start of week 3 I added exercise into the mix. I thought walking would be a great place to start. I walked every second night for 30 min. 30 min was all my legs could handle. It was a slow pace and not overly heart pumping, but when I got back I always felt great!

Week 3 -2.2

In week 4 I started reading about The 30 Day Shred with Jillian Michaels. I watched the You Tube video clips and read all about it. I have to tell you I was scared to death! That little voice piped up on the Thursday morning of that week and said "Come on you baby, if you really want this you have to work for it! Suck it up and buy the video!" I went hunting and searching all over town and found a copy. Went home, dyed my hair and stuck it in the DVD player. OMG!! I am going to die! How am I suppose to do what she does? There is just no way! I woke up on Friday morning at 5:15am, got dressed, went down to the basement and pressed play. I struggled through it but didn't die. I couldn't breath and thought my legs were going to fall off but I lived through it. "Good for you!" that voice said, "Now we're talking!"

Week 4 -2.6

After trying to do the Shred two days in a row, and wondering if my legs were actually going to come detached from my hips, I decided that every second day would probably keep me out of traction. So Shred one day and walk the next. This is working for me. I love it. I have increased my walk to 40min, brisk, and feel amazing.

Week 5 -3
Week 6 -4.2
Week 7 -0.8
Week 8 -4.6
Week 9 -5.6

This is where I am now. I weighed in yesterday and was shocked to a 5.6lb loss. I have been working very hard. I joined aquafit a couple of weeks ago and that is every Tuesday night. My walk is now 4km and 40min in length and the Shred is every second day or so, still on level one, but I can do everything!

2 comments:

  1. Jen,

    You are an inspiration!! What a great 9 weeks you have had and great results. You truly show that hard work pays off!! Heres to the next 16 weeks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Jamie Lyn. I don't know what the next 16 weeks will bring but I am up for any challenge.

    ReplyDelete